Purchaser and Seller agree to the following:
- This contract refers to a registerable purebred Siberian sold as pet quality with limited registration unless otherwise noted in an addendum.
All registration papers and/or blue slips will be marked 'Not for breeding' to reflect the cat's pet status. It is the Purchaserís responsibility
to sterilize the cat before it is five months old. Failure to do so in a timely manner will void this contract.
- The cat is guaranteed to be of sound health upon arrival into Purchaser's care. It will have been vaccinated against Panleukopenia,
Rhinotracheitis and Calicivirus. The Buyer will receive a health record of all vaccines received as well as a schedule of the vaccines
still needed to maintain the kitten's health in the future. The buyer understands that the cat will have significant health risks if
exposed to cats that are high-risk. High-risk cats are those that may be unvaccinated, are carriers of cat viruses or those that are allowed
access to outdoors or have high-risk socialization patterns.
- This cat is guaranteed against life-threatening congenital defects until its second birthday. Feline Infectious Peritonitis is considered
by the Breeder to be of a genetic origin. It is the responsibility of the Purchaser to provide immediate veterinary care to a cat showing any
sign of illness or distress and failure to do so will render any guarantee null and void. No cat is to be euthanized without the prior
knowledge of the Breeder, except in the case where a veterinarian considers it the only humane alternative. To do so will void the guarantee.
Should the cat die within the above-mentioned time period as a direct result of a congenital defect, the cat will be replaced only if an
appropriate necropsy, paid for by the Purchaser, is performed by a licensed veterinarian and a veterinarian's certificate is provided as
proof of cause of death. It will then be the Purchaser's choice to receive either a replacement cat of comparable quality and value or the
full purchase price. The Breeder can, however, at his discretion, opt to return the purchase price rather than replace the cat.
- The cat can be returned within the first two-week period for any reason whatsoever for a refund of the purchase price, less $200.00,
as long as vaccines are up to date and all accompanying papers are returned. This two-week period is deemed to start on the weekend that
the Breeder feels the cat can be released to its new home. The cat must have a health certificate issued no more than two days prior to
the return of the kitten if more than three days time has lapsed.
- All return shipping expenses and import charges or taxes shall be paid by the Purchaser. Older cats are also accepted back and we
will refund to you whatever we re-sell the cat for, less $200.00. If the cat can be re-housed from the Purchaser's home, the entire amount
gained by the re-sale will be given to the original Purchaser.
- The cat will be kept indoors and not be allowed to roam freely outside. The only time it is permissible for the cat to be outdoors
is when under supervision on a harness and leash or when protected within an approved cat enclosure.
- Mindeelyn Siberians must be contacted if at any time during the cat's life the Purchaser is unable to keep the cat. The Purchaser
agrees to give the Breeder a chance to re-house the cat. The Purchaser also agrees that the cat, nor any of its offspring will ever be
sold, given, leased out, rented, loaned to an animal shelter, pet store, commercial or private laboratory or research and development center.
- If this cat is found to be neglected or mistreated, the Buyer agrees to surrender the cat and all rights to the cat to the Breeder
or his representative unconditionally without benefit of refund or any course of reclaim.
- The Breeder will not be responsible for any veterinary expenses incurred by the Purchaser while the cat is in the possession of the
- The total liability of the Breeder shall in no case exceed the total purchase price of the cat.
- The Breeder has made every effort to raise the healthiest, most well socialized cat possible. Any health and / or behavioral issues
that are known to the Breeder have been discussed in full with the Purchaser. The Purchaser understands that a cat is a living creature
and that although the Breeder has made every effort to provide the most perfect cat possible, health and behavioral problems can still
arise. Should a problem arise, the Purchaser and the Breeder agree to work together to solve the issue and both agree to abide with the
terms of the signed contract.
- Because this cat's relatives will have been used in Mindeelyn's breeding program, the Breeder wishes to be notified of any health
problems discovered in the purchased cat as it may have an impact on the health of related cats.
- The Breeder has the right, at his discretion, to cancel this contract at any time before delivery of the cat. In this case, the full
deposit will be returned to the Purchaser. Should the Purchaser cancel this agreement before the cat is delivered, or fail to pay the balance
due on time, the cat may be sold to another and the Purchaser's full deposit will be retained as a cancellation fee.
By signing this document, the contract, we, the Breeder and the Purchaser, consider it to be legally binding under all
circumstances and in all courts of law. This sales agreement is non-transferable to other parties. This agreement is not to be
superceded by any other agreements, be they written or verbal, unless accompanied with signed documentation outlining the new agreement or amendment.
All legal expenses incurred by Mindeelyn Siberians to enforce the terms of this contract will be paid by the Purchaser If one clause in this
contract is declared void that does not affect the rest of the contract which shall remain valid.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, or breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration administrated by
the Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration. Rules and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be
entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
To be signed and dated by both the breeder and the purchaser.
To contact us:
Fill out the Kitten Enquiry Form